Born from a collaboration between Brian Wampler and superstar, tele-master Brad Paisley, The Doctor Lo-Fi Delay pedal exudes a gritty character that works as well for laying down an ambient sonic bed as it does for old-school slap-back.
Give the pedal’s Rate and Depth knobs a spin, and the self-oscillating repeats easily become an aural wash that, while not interfering with the notes you’re playing, is still far from subtle. And the pedal’s straight-forward control layout - such as onboard tap tempo control with four easily selectable rhythmic subdivisions - makes use of The Doctor Lo-Fi Delay a triumph over many of the menu-based delay engines of today.
Brian Wampler and Brad Paisley know guitar tone. Take a tip from them and add the lo-fi delay goodness of The Doctor to your pedalboard. We think you’ll find it’s right in your Wheelhouse.
Anything but pristine
There are few tones more addictive to guitarists than the runaway repeats of a self-oscillating delay. With The Doctor, you can put that glorious chaos underneath your playing as an ambient cloud that is anything but pristine. We think you’ll find that Brian Wampler has succeeded in expertly balancing the line of tonal radiance and grainy disintegration like precious few delay pedal creators before.
Wampler Quality Construction
Brian Wampler’s attention to detail and commitment to designing the best and most player-friendly products out there are second to none. Those qualities are on full display within THE DOCTOR.
• Built in the U.S.A
• High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
• Relay true bypass with soft switches that will last for years
• Top mounted input and output jacks External Tap Tempo Out/In
• 9v power jack Power draw: 53mA (at 9v) and 63mA (at 18v)
• Spatial, ambient trails - the more clockwise you move the tone control, the more swirly and ambient the repeats are leading you effortlessly into amazing self-oscillation
• Maximum 800ms delay Four subdivisions: Quarter, Eight, Dotted 8th and Triplet
• 3.5″ x 4.50″ x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches