Real Estate is precious, especially on your pedalboard, but the lush organic sounds of a perfect "authentic vintage Univibe clone" are a necessity, and they are now attainable in a space now smaller than a standard wah pedal... the Mini-Deja'Vibe3, MDV-3 for short.
With a Hammertone Blue powder-coated finish, White lettering, and a Blue LED that throbs to the beat of the pedal's hypnotic, asymmetrical rhythm. The MDV-3 has a new heel or toe activated True-Bypass footswitch that is perfect for the person who rarely changes speeds and just wants to turn it on or off with his toe, but also perfect for the person who rides it like a Gas-pedal and wants to turn the pedal on/off with a simple flick of the heel.
All CS-MDV-3s with serial #2892 & higher are the new V2:
1) available up to 15dB volume boost when the pedal is on
2) much slower speeds available thanks to the dual potentiometer being replaced by 2 x Fulltone Custom-made Optocouplers.
3) even more lush and watery 'vibe sound.
All MDV-1 & MDV-3 pedals sold after 2/10/2015 operate exclusively on an 18 volt DC power supply.
There are a LOT of pedals claiming to be "authentic vintage Univibe clones" on the market...the small ones are merely a glorified MXR phaser filled with opamps with a few capacitor changes. That's not a Univibe! So how is one to know which pedals are real and which ones are just a cheap shortcut?
A real Univibe clone will have:
- 4 x glass-covered/hermetically-sealed photocells and an incandescent bulb on the circuit board. I go one step further...and NO ONE else does this, I took many real 1960's 'cells and blueprinted them, not only their dark/bright resistance but also for their all-important rise and fall times as they react to the light turning on and off. This is deep E.E. stuff, cannot be done unless you have the know-how and the expensive scopes.
- Run at 18+ volts.
- Totally discrete electronics, i.e. NO OPAMPS in the audio path! The MDV-3 uses the same metal-can 2SC539 transistor as the original Univibes had for the preamp.
In typical Fulltone fashion, I also manufacture my own speed potentiometer... pot with a gear on it like wah-wah pot, and with a special value & taper, and with a double screened carbon composition track to last many, many years.
I've been building "authentic vintage Univibe clones" longer than anyone, since 1992. Mine are used by Robin Trower, Peter Frampton, Doyle Bramhall II, and countless others... by the people who know the great sound and won't settle for less.
- Power requirements: 2.1 mm 18 V DC center negative power supply. 35 mA.
- True Bypass
- Made in USA
CLICK HERE TO READ THE MANUAL